The Annapurna-Khayar Lake Trek is one of the most spectacular off-the-beaten-track treks in the Annapurna region. The trip begins at Nayapul after a one and a half hour drive from Pokhara. The trail ascends gradually, passing through pretty villages and agricultural terraces. At every village along the way you will be warmly welcomed by the local Gurung and Magar people. We typically walk at an easy pace so that you get plenty of opportunity to absorb the landscape and the local cultures that have changed little over the centuries.
From Tadapani we leave the main trail and gently ascend through the dense forest into alpine terrain and the village of Bayali. We may come across Yak/Nak herders with their animals. And you might have the opportunity to taste Yak butter.
The trail continues to Khopra Hill and then on to Khayar Lake (ultimate goal of the trip). Chop Hill provides magnificent mountain views. Nilgiri, the Annapurnas and Dhaulagiri dominate the western skyline beneath them is the deepest gorge in the world, the Kali Gandaki.
From Khopra Hill the trail descends through open alpine meadows and forests of oak and rhododendron, to Swanta. From there we make our way back to Pokhara via Ghorepani and Poonhill.
|Starting Date||Trip Duration||Single Suplementary||Cost Per Person||Trip Deposit||Availability|
|2017-10-26||13 days||$ 150 each||$1326 each||$400||Book Now|
|01||26th Oct, 2017 Arrival at Kathmandu International Airport and transfer to your hotel.|
|02||27th Oct, 2017 Fly to Pokhara (820 m) and drive to Trikhedungs (1540 m)|
|03||28th Oct, 2017 Trek to Ghorepani (2750 m) Time 5-6 hours|
|04||29th Oct, 2017 Trek to Dobato (3400 m) Time 6-7 hours|
|05||30th Oct, 2017 Trek to Bayeli (3500 m) Time 2-3 hours|
|06||31st Oct, 2017 Trek to Khopra (3600 m) Time 4-5 hours|
|07||01st Nov, 2017 Day hike to Khayar Lake and back to Khopra|
|08||02nd Nov, 2017 Trek to Tatopani (1190 m) Time 5-6 hours|
|09||03rd Nov, 2017 Drive to Pokhara (800 m) by reserved Jeep. Time 4-5 hours|
|10||04th Nov, 2017 Sightseeing around Pokhara (Mountain Museum, Gupteswar Maahadev cave, Davi's Fall and Peace Temple)|
|11||05th Nov, 2017 Free in the morning and afternoon fly to Kathmandu (1300 m)|
|12||06th Nov, 2017 Sightseeing around Kathmandu (Swayambhunath Stupa, Boudhanath Stupa, Pashupatinath Temple and Patan Durbar Square)|
|13||07th Nov, 2017 Departure to Home|
1. Accommodations Three Nights in Kathmandu and Three nights in Pokhara at Three star standard hotel including Breakfast
2. Three time food (breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) Tea & Coffee during the Trekking.
3. Accommodation during the trip sharing basis
4. Guide and porter’s wages, food, accommodation and insurance on Trekking.
5. Air fare both way KTM-Pokhara and Pokhara-KTM
6. Air fare for guide and assistant guide both way KTM-Pokhara and Pokhara-KTM
7. Transfer from Pokhara to Nayapul and Nayapul to Pokhara by Taxi/Van/Bus
8. Conservation and TIMS cards Fee
9. Domestic airport tax
10. Airport Transfer
11. Guide and transfer for city sightseeing in KTM and Transfer in Pokhara
1. Cold and hard drink and water
2. Food in KTM and Pokhara
3. Travel insurance emergency evacuation and personal medical expenses.
4. Any donation along the trail and anything that not mentioned above
5. Entrance fee for city sightseeing both KTM and Pokhara